Quality & Service
Advanced Skills in Rail. A Better Outcome for our Clients.
ART Management together with the Engineering and Sales staff have engaged in a program of education in Supplier Continuous Improvement Programs (SCIP or SC21) and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL). We believe that ART is the first Rail Organization to receive certification in SIL training in Australia through the Newcastle University, UK. More importantly, this education is delivered by the father of SIL, Dr Felix Redmill.
ART earned the right to be invited to participate in these programs and we enjoy sponsorship from the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRT). We thank the Primes in Australia for their confidence in ART, being United Group Rail, Downer EDI, Bombardier Transport, Alstom Limited, Ansaldo STS and other ASX listed Resource Companies.
By gaining SIL training, opportunities have opened for ART in GSM-R, Digital Train Radio Systems (DTRS), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), European Vital Computers (EVC) and Judicial Digital Event Recorders from EKE Electronics. This means we can integrate new technologies into the most demanding environments of rolling stock and locomotives in Australia, NZ and the Asia Pacific region.
External Auditing of our Manufacturing Processes
Australian Rail Technology continues to achieve the high-quality manufacturing standards set by its predecessors Multi-Contact Australia, Edward Keller Australia and DKSH Australia. ART has merged Quality, Occupational Health and Safety as well Environmental Management Systems into an Integrated Management System accredited by Best Practice Certification. We are certified to three Management System Standards: Quality ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety AS4801:2001 and Environment ISO14001:2015.
Continuous Improvement through our Integrated Management System
Ongoing monitoring, review and improvement of our Integrated Management System processes is conducted through audits, management reviews, corrective and preventive actions. Our documented continuous improvement process includes:
- Adherence to LEAN Technology and Manufacturing processes
- The recording of any non-conformance
- Developing a corrective action
- Implementing the corrective action
- Monitoring the change to determine effectiveness
Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015)
We ensure all staff members have a clear understanding of the requirements to be complied with through our comprehensive Quality Management System. The system comprises:
- A centralised system of forms, procedures and work instructions that outline activities
- A framework for gathering objective evidence to verify that specific requirements have been met
- Policies and procedures being provided to our employees and subcontractors
- Commitment of all employees to continuous improvement culture
Occupational Health and Safety Management System (AS 4801:2001)
Australian Rail Technology is committed to the provision of a safe and healthy work place for all its employees, contractors and members of the public. Our company will:
- Comply with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements, codes of practice and industry standards
- Identify and reduce the risks of all work activities that have the potential to produce injury or occupational illness
- Provide employees with the appropriate training, equipment and other support to consistently perform their duties in a safe manner
- Make adequate provision of resources to meet or exceed WHS requirements
Environmental Management System (ISO14001:2015)
Australian Rail Technology respects the environment and is dedicated to its preservation
- We employ environmentally friendly production methods and use approved means for disposal of waste and recycle wherever possible.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring we are as efficient as possible
- Comply with all respective conservation and environmental legislation and regulations
- Carry out sustainable and responsible procurement practices
- Maintain a continuous improvement process aimed at the reduction/elimination of environmental impact and prevention of pollution.
We use NATA approved third party test facilities to ensure supply of qualified and reliable products. Examples of tests we conduct include:
- Spectrum analysis of metals
- Crimp cross sectional analysis
- Pull/crush destructive tests
- Weld quality sections with dye tests
- Compliance to EN50155 & EN61373
- Thermal tests
- Through life/accelerated life test
Our stringent quality system is designed to ensure that we comply with the specific requirements of each and every client. The end result is a reputation for ‘getting things right the first time’, with products and services which meet or exceed customer and best practice requirements.
The Australian Rail Technology best practice approach to quality is applied to all that we do. Quality, workmanship, and attention to detail are core beliefs vigorously upheld by our design engineers and technicians. We strongly believe that the quality of our work speaks for itself.
Through Life Support (TLS) Obsolescence Management
Increase your Reliability and decrease your Operating Costs. After Sales Service.
Australian Rail Technology is involved in several large projects which require a method of providing obsolescence management and ensuring that spare parts or sub-system serviceability is maintained throughout the design life of a product.
We stand behind the products we design and manufacture and we can also offer TLS programs on our equipment or we will evaluate your systems and products for suitability for inclusion into our program. Call us for more details.