Complete that project faster. Infrastructure.
K2RQ is an alliance between Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd, MVM Rail Pty Ltd and Ansaldo STS Australia Pty Ltd. The project involves the quadruplication of track and OHW located between Kingsgrove and Revesby, NSW.
A$2 million plus contract
Australian Rail Technology has contracted to supply and assemble 391 cantilevers, 38 Twin Tension Regulator Assemblies and a small quantity of clamps and jumpers. Delivery of material is to follow a pre programmed schedule allowing six weeks notification prior to possession, commencing September 2010 with scheduled completion in July 2012.
- ART is responsible for developing a Quality Plan incorporating testing and checking procedures on Suppliers’ incoming material. We conduct a quality inspection (incorporating external examination) on all incoming material for the project.
- In particular, we have developed our own Inspection and Test Plan to conform with or exceed the requirements of Sydney Trains Engineering Electrical Standard EP08000013SP and all other applicable Australian Standards.
- We use the computer program “CCalc” together with the relevant Sydney Trains drawings to generate a bill of materials for a cantilever which is assembled ready for erection on site.
- Regular production meetings are held between ART and K2RQ to facilitate the project.
- We configure and pre-assemble cantilevers to ensure exact contact wire positioning for specific masts. The result is that individual cantilevers can be dropped on site and installed immediately saving on valuable track possession time.